[Gambas-user] TextEdit or Editor control questions

Fri Jun 29 11:35:49 CEST 2007

Does anyone here have experience with the TextEdit and the Editor controls?

There are two different applications of mine which could be pimped by
one of the two. The first is a printing form editor which would profit
from being able to highlight commands and keywords, the second is a part
of the printing system I made enabling the user to type something into a
given text before it is printed.

So I was looking into how these two are operated, but there are a couple
of questions left open:

- When I want the Editor to highlight my commands instead of Gambas ones
(it's Custom, right?), where do I define my keywords etc. to highlight?

- In the TextEdit.Text, there is always the whole code delivered back
including HTML tags. Is there a way to get an extract of pure text?

These are the first two questions :-) and oh yes, does anyone have made
an example app with those?

Thanks for your ideas!

Rolf