[Gambas-user] Gambas IDE 1.9.49-2 New Function formating.

ron ronstk at ...239...
Wed Jun 27 02:06:00 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 26 June 2007 21:19, Benoit Minisini wrote:

> > Lets wait what Benoit say more about it. I can be wrong to :(
> >

> > Ron
> >

> Guys, you really make a problem from nothing. :-)
>
> NEW is a special assignment operator, *and* a function. As Gambas is not case
> sensitive, you can write it as you like: NEw, NeW, nEw, and so on.
>
> The only little problem is the syntax highlighter. It is just not clever
> enough for making the difference between NEW as an operator, and New as a
> function.
I don't have a problem with that, using the two line method solves it.

> The compiler can do the difference: it is just a matter of seeing if there is
> a brace after the NEW keyword.
>
> This is not a bug. Just a little visual glitch :-)
>
> Note that I may fix it in the future. :-)
>
> Regards,

Highliters have always with this little problems.
They don't interpret/compile the exact rules, just colorize following
reserved words and simple flow control.

My only problem with it here in gambas is rewriting with modified space count.
Tabular layout to see optical i.e. miss typed argument length is broken.

--
Greets Ron