[Gambas-user] Gambas IDE 1.9.49-2 New Function formating.

Andreas Kostyrka yacc143 at ...626...
Tue Jun 26 11:41:41 CEST 2007

2007/6/25, ron <ronstk at ...239...>:

> On Monday 25 June 2007 12:45, Andreas Kostyrka wrote:
> > 2007/6/24, Benoit Minisini <gambas at ...1...>:
> > >
> > > The highlighting routine is not yet clever enough to make the
> difference
> > > between the two new syntaxes.
> > >
> > > This is not a big problem at the moment, as the compiler makes the
> > > difference.
> >

> > This is a big problem. I somehow think that the IDE should allow me to
> enter
> > legal code, without "fixing it" to something illegal?
> >
> > The issue is not the highlighting thing, the issue is the IDE fixing it
> wrongly.
>
> A possible missuse of New and at the wrong place?

Nope, as I've pointed out already, NEW is an operator. New is a function.

See: http://gambasdoc.org/help/lang/new2

Now the IDE turns a completly legal New("classname") into an illegal
NEW("classname"). That's a bug.

Andreas