[Gambas-user] Problem with listbox

timothy timothy.marshal-nichols at ...247...
Fri Jun 15 08:48:08 CEST 2007

Hello Juanra,

In Gambas 1 the List property of a ListBox was a string and each item in
the ListBox was separated by a new line. In Gambas 2 this has been
changed to a string array. So it is not that difficult to convert your
code to gambas 2.

These examples show how you can open and save the content of a ListBox
to a text file.

Note that that there is at least one defect with these methods. If any
item strings in the ListBox contain new lines than they will be split
into two lines. Maybe not what you want.

' Open a text file for display in the ListBox
PUBLIC SUB ToolButtonOpen_Click()
  Dialog.Filter = ["Lists (*.lst)", "Text Files (*.txt)", "All Files
(*)"]
  IF Dialog.OpenFile() THEN RETURN
  ListBox1.List = Split(File.Load(Dialog.Path), "\n")
CATCH
Error.Text)
END

' Save the ListBox content to a text file
PUBLIC SUB ToolButtonSave_Click()
  Dialog.Filter = ["Lists (*.lst)", "Text Files (*.txt)", "All Files
(*)"]
  IF Dialog.SaveFile() THEN RETURN
  File.Save(Dialog.Path, ListBox1.List.Join("\n"))
CATCH
Error.Text)
END

Will this email make it? We shall see if I have been blacklisted form
source forge. Or may be it was to many people voting for Gambas.

Thanks

8-{)} Timothy Marshal-Nichols
<mailto: timothy.marshal-nichols at ...247...>