[Gambas-user] Field names with uppercase letters

Leandro Anthonioz Blanc leandro_anthonioz at ...43...
Wed Jun 6 12:46:36 CEST 2007

Hi!, I wish make a suggestion I need create tables in MySQL programatically. For example:

Dim hTable as Table

hTable = hConn.Tables.Add(MyTable, InnoDB)

WITH hTable
    .Fields.Add(RecordId, db.Serial)
    .Fields.Add(VeryLongFieldName, db.String, 250)
    .PrimaryKey = [RecordId]
    .Update
END WITH

Although table is created, field names are generated in Gambas 1.9.49 with lowercase letters only (verylongfieldname instead of VeryLongFieldName). Since I have to create a database with 62 tables and many long field names, I appreciate that field names includes lower and upper letters. I discover that lowercase letters are forced by line DB_LowerString(info->name); of CFIELD_add method in main/lib/db/CField.c file. Perhaps this change will be useful for others. Could this change be included in trunk repository? Thank you very much.