[Gambas-user] update of autotools base installer for gambas2

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Tue Jul 17 17:14:39 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 17 July 2007, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> Using autotools for installing gambas project is a good idea, but
> it breaks package managers - They don't see such installations.
> So there will be always the need of making gambas project binary
> packages.

Still, with a properly configured autotools setup -- one that will use
the DESTDIR environment variable if present, and respects make
install options as well --  it'll be easy to make binary packages
from *outside* the IDE, which should make it easier for people who
don't use Gambas and don't read this list to make their own packages.

Then I should be able to put out a skeleton .spec file that lets any
Mandriva user package any Gambas project by just changing the name
and description and building it, and users of other distros can do
the same.

Rob