[Gambas-user] (no subject)

Capodastro capodastro at ...626...
Tue Jul 10 20:21:50 CEST 2007

I use suse 10.2 64 bit on Turion64 and (helas!) ATI graphic. Six
mounts ago, I discovered gambas: very nice for fast writing, really
like Vb6. However, I can't use the windows api and pointers...:)

But how to install it !? None of the official and unofficial "HowTo"
was working, may be they refer to a 32 bit environnement. i speak many
tongs and there was no trouble by inspecting also german, spanish,
italian, french or polish forums and so on. Everywere the same:
desperate questions and generic answers  :).
By the way, gambas1 wasn't a problem. Hier I also need to add that I
am not very fond in linux.

Well, hunting around the net I found somewere a package called
gambas-1.9.23-13.i586.rpm.
It was very easy to satisfy the missing dependencies and I got it
installed after discovering that it likes -32bit.devel packages.

After a couple of attempts I also discovered that i can override it by
compiling on top gambas2-1.9.46a getting as consequence this build
working. Unfortunately this trick doesn't work with later builds.

Now my question: is there an orthodox way to install gambas2 on suse
10.2 64 bit?
I don't add as attachment my output for gambas2-1.9.49.tar.bz2.
The size is excessive and I don't understand what is relevant or not.
Thanks in advance for what you can or can't do...
ben
capodastro at ...626...