[Gambas-user] TextEdit or Editor control questions

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Jul 1 17:05:17 CEST 2007

On vendredi 29 juin 2007, Rolf-Werner Eilert wrote:
> Does anyone here have experience with the TextEdit and the Editor controls?
>
> There are two different applications of mine which could be pimped by
> one of the two. The first is a printing form editor which would profit
> from being able to highlight commands and keywords, the second is a part
> of the printing system I made enabling the user to type something into a
> given text before it is printed.

You have two examples provided with the IDE:

* TextEdit, which is an example based on the TextEdit control.

* HighlightEditor, which is based on Editor, and that shows you how to
highlight HTML text.

> So I was looking into how these two are operated, but there are a couple
> of questions left open:
>
> - When I want the Editor to highlight my commands instead of Gambas ones
> (it's Custom, right?), where do I define my keywords etc. to highlight?

Look in the HighlightEditor code.

> - In the TextEdit.Text, there is always the whole code delivered back
> including HTML tags. Is there a way to get an extract of pure text?

No, I don't think there is a method for doing that.

Benoit Minisini