[Gambas-user] Aligning widgets

Laurent Duperval lduperval at ...626...
Tue Jan 30 22:11:38 CET 2007

On 1/30/07, Charlie Reinl <Karl.Reinl at ...9...> wrote:

> Salut Laurent,

Salut Charlie,

hold the Ctrl-Key down and mark with the mouse the buttons.
> Then (the Ctrl-Key is still down) open the context-menu (right mouse
> button) there you will found the needed.

Not quite. I tried this but it doesn't quite  work as I want. Or else, I
don't know how to do it correctly. For example, try this:

Create 12 buttons. Now set them up in three rows and four columns. All
buttons need to have the same height, and the same spacing between the
buttons. Unless I do manual calculations and set the X/Y positions manually,
I don't see how to do this.

What I would like to do is to select them and tell Gambas to arrange them
automatically in an orderly fashion.

WIth other toolkits, you can create a layout manager that manages how
widgets are placed on screen. Instead of giving each witget a position on
the form, you put it in the grid manager and give the manager placement
rules, and it figures out how to place the widgets correctly.

Think of an HTML table: you create the table layout, tell the table how to
manage column widths and lengths and it does it automatically as you add
data to it.

Amicalment