[Gambas-user] Problems with stock Icons

Jose J. Rodriguez joe1962 at ...626...
Fri Jan 5 01:59:29 CET 2007

On 1/4/07, Benoit Minisini <gambas at ...1...> wrote:
> On Thursday 04 January 2007 22:57, Oliver Etchebarne Bejarano wrote:
> > Hi everybody.
> >
> > When I run gambas, these messages appears in the console:
> >
> > Stock._get.224: Cannot find: new
> > Stock._get.224: Cannot find: open
> > Stock._get.224: Cannot find: save
> >
> > And, obviously, many icons doesn't show...
> >
> > I'm using a LFS, with xfce and nothing fancy, gambas 1.9.46.
> >
> > Saludos!
>
> At the moment, the Stock class only detect KDE and GNOME. I know how to detect
> XFCE, but just explain me where XFCE stores its icons, and where it defines
> which icon theme it uses, and I will add support for XFCE!

The icon themes are in /usr/share/icons/, with some index and
sometimes some rc files in each theme's toplevel dir. The settings are
in $HOME/.config/xfce4/mcs_settings/gtk.xml, like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE mcs-option SYSTEM "mcs-option.dtd">

<mcs-option>
	... more options here...
	<option name="Net/IconThemeName" type="string" value="Rodent"/>
	... more options here...
</mcs-option>

In case this might somehow turn out to be distro-specific, this is in
Vector Linux 5.8 Standard, with XFCE 4.4RC2.

Regards,
Joe1962