[Gambas-user] Serial Port issues.

Laurent Carlier lordheavy at ...512...
Sun Feb 25 18:33:08 CET 2007

Le Sunday 25 February 2007 17:20:23 Chris, vous avez écrit :
> Hello,
> 	I'm having some odd issues with the serial port class.
> Whenever I try to WRITE or PRINT to the serial port, it starts to send,
> and then soon after errors with an "unexpected signal #6" message.
>
> Does anyone know how to fix this?
>
> Chris

This mean that the signal SIGABRT was raised somewhere.
see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIGABRT

A good way to help debugging is to provide gdb output of the problem.

go in the directory of your project, in a terminal do :
- gdb gbx2     (or gbx if under gambas 1)
Under gdb :
- run -p
When your app stop on the error, do :
- bt