[Gambas-user] Reparenting a form on a tabstrip....

sbungay sbungay at ...981...
Fri Feb 9 22:03:48 CET 2007

   Goal: To reparent an instance of a form on the tabstrip index of my
choice. The code snippet is below.

   ' Gambas class file
   PRIVATE mForm1 AS Form

   Private SUB Form2_Open()
     mForm1 = NEW Form1

     With mForm1
          .Reparent(TabStrip1[1]) ' This will give
                                  ' Invalid Use of Virtual Class
          .Reparent(TabStrip1)    ' This works fine but the form
                                  ' Only appears on the first tab.
     End With
   END

   This is kind of (but not exactly) like what I would do if I created
an activex control (now I have to wash my hands) and hosted it on a form
in the container of my choosing.

Steve.