[Gambas-user] Problem with lcdnumber - don't show decimal point

sbungay sbungay at ...981...
Fri Feb 9 02:34:54 CET 2007

   OK. So don't manipulate the LCD directly, always move the data
through a string first and only send the values in the string to the LCD
after a numeric keypress.

So your code would change a little... I haven't tried this out yet, but
it SHOULD work :)

' This is at the Class declaration level.
PRIVATE mTPVString AS String

PUBLIC SUB botones_display_Click()

  SELECT CASE LAST.get_action()
   CASE "C"
        TPV.display.Value = 0 ' This part can remain the same.

   CASE "0" TO "9"
        ' I am assuming that you want 10 digits INCLUDING the decimal?
        ' This would be 7 numbers before the decimal and 2 afterward.
        If len(mTPVString) + len(LAST.tag) < 10 then
           mTPVString = mTPVString & LAST.tag
           TPV.display.Value = CFloat(mTPVString)
        end if

' <Olde Code>
'   IF Len(CString(TPV.display.Value)) < 10 THEN
'    TPV.display.Value = TPV.display.value & CFloat(LAST.tag)
'   END IF
'</OldeCode>

   CASE "."
        ' We don't push the decimal point to TPV, just add it
        ' to mTPVString
        mHoldString = mHoldString & "."

' Olde Code
'   IF (InStr(CString(TPV.display.Value), ".") = 0) THEN
'    TPV.display.Value = TPV.display.Value & "." --> DONT WORK!
'   END IF
'</OldeCode>

Steve