[Gambas-user] Control-C and a Process

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Sun Feb 4 21:27:40 CET 2007

On Sunday 04 February 2007 04:57, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> CTRL+C send the SIGINT signal to the process, whereas
> Process.Kill() sends the SIGKILL signal.

We had talked on the list previously about adding an optional
integer argument to Process.Kill() to choose a signal number
(Process.Kill() actually sends SIGTERM (15) by default, I think,
not SIGKILL (9).)  Maybe that would accomplish what he wants?

In the meantime, Shell("kill -INT " & myprocess.Id) ought to do
it, I think... assuming he wants the usual results of a Ctrl-C
and not just send a keystroke that does something in an
application, such as Emacs.

Rob