[Gambas-user] Subversion repository renaming

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Sun Dec 30 19:30:10 CET 2007

On Sunday 30 December 2007 12:07, José Luis Redrejo wrote:
> On the other hand, I would like to put some more "pressure" on you
> for version 3.0: gambas working with 64 bits is today a total need
> for the future and present of the language and for all of us who
> like to use it and everyday are being blocked with that barrier. In

Yeah, my clients have 64-bit machines running 32-bit versions of Linux
just because we have Gambas apps that need to run (and so do I), and
it's getting near to where we're starting to consider 64-bit native
alternatives just as we did 10 years ago when we started discarding
DOS and Windows 3.1 apps.

There are a lot of web servers running 64-bit Linux now, too, so if
Gambas as a web platform is ever going to get off the ground, it's
time to rip the band-aid off.

I know there's a lot involved in making a bytecode interpreter 32- and
64-bit friendly, but I really think it needs to be done.

Rob