[Gambas-user] Database problem.

R. Stormo rohnny at ...1248...
Sat Dec 29 10:54:17 CET 2007

Benoit Minisini wrote:

> On samedi 29 décembre 2007, R. Stormo wrote:
>> Benoit Minisini wrote:
>> all

>> they

>> > Can you tell what requests you wrote exactly?
>> >
>> > --
>> > Benoit Minisini
>>
>> All described in previous message.
>>
>> create view test1 as select field_in_database from database_name where
>> field_in_database='some name that exist';
>>

>> return "no records"
>>  Seconds time I try it give me
>> "Cannot exec request
>> Query failed: SQL error or missing database"
>>
>> First time when it returned no records. It should have return records.
>> The
>> view did not show up as a table that would be nice if it did.
>>

>> Regards Rohnny
>>
>> My Gambas Community http://gambasforum.tk
>
> If you create twice the same view, it is logical that you get an error the
> second time, isn't it?
>
> --
> Benoit Minisini

I suppose it is ;) but why does the view not show up as a table, this way
you can see if it's there. Strange that it does not show any records either.

This is from a live table got from a demo project
create view test1 as select bfield from table1 where bfield='giraffe';
Gives "NO RECORDS"

select bfield from table1 where bfield='giraffe';
This give me 10 records. There must be something wrong someplace.