[Gambas-user] Resizing

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...626...
Thu Dec 27 11:25:55 CET 2007

on road... i've this and i will give you a good exemple i've done this
afternoon

(in france).

2007/12/20, richard terry <rterry at ...1822...>:

> Hi,
>
> New to the list/gambas, last programmed in VB back in VB5 days, none
> since.
>
> Thought I'd play with Gambas over the Xmas break.
>
> Question.
>
> Any quick guide to automatically re-sizing all child controls of
> form/panel eg
> tutorial, code examples etc. I've tried some of the properties and so far
> havn't conceptually mastered what should be simple.

then you will...

Thanks.

> Richard

Gambas widgets are a set of objects that can tell some wishe to there
parents :
- i Want to take all place i can...(Expand=TRUE)
- i Want to be free to be pleced where i want   (Ignore=TRUE)
- I want to have a little bit place between me and the parent border
(Padding = n pixels)

Gambas Containers ares a set of objects that inherit Widget and that arrange
theire child in function of theire zorder, theire which, and a defined
orientation or mode.

the mode is defined by the arrangement mode.  (
container.arrangement=arrange.vertical)

there is 5 mode of arrangement:
  - None : do nothing
  - Vertical : arrange the children by giving them the container
width(-padding) and maintain their height, and by putting them ones at
bottom of others (reach the zorder)
 - horizontal : arrange the children by giving them the parent height and
maintain their width, and by putting them ones at right of others (reaching
the zorder)

  - row : same as horizontal but objects can't be expanded and when the line
is full then objects are pushed to the bottom (like a toolbar)

  - column : same as row for vertical.

the container have 2 property :
  -padding : set the space between the container border and its children

  - spacing: set the space between its children

There is nothing new ... it really look like html table sizing... with
gambas there is many time i've not used the _Resize event.

This is maybe the more bad english text i've done (maybe not), i'm french...
please scuse me !

Fabien Bodard