[Gambas-user] Second Release Candidate

Ron ron at ...1740...
Wed Dec 19 20:03:46 CET 2007

Benoit Minisini wrote:
> On mercredi 19 décembre 2007, Stefano Palmeri wrote:
>
>> Alle 22:32, martedì 18 dicembre 2007, Benoit Minisini ha scritto:
>>
>>> Hi, gambas users everywhere around the world,
>>>
>>> The second release candidate is available!
>>>
>>> Many bugs were found and fixed since the first release candidate. A few
>>> new features were added too:
>>>
>>> * The development environment toolbar icon size now follows the font
>>> size.
>>>
>>> * You can send key events to other applications.
>>>
>>> * The Observer class can catch events after they have been processed.
>>>
>>> * GridView cells can display rich text.
>>>
>>> * You can run an external command when creating the executable. This is
>>> useful if, for example, you want upload the executable file to a server
>>> automatically.
>>>
>>> As usual, do read the full ChangeLog, even if you don't understand
>>> everything :-)
>>>
>> Hi, Benoit. At this moment, 00:14, the changelog link
>> in latest news points to the stable changelog, not the RC2.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Stefano
>>
>> Latest News
>> 18 Dec 2007 - Gambas 2.0 Second Release Candidate
>>
>> Many bugs were found and fixed since the first release candidate. A few new
>> features were added too:
>>
>>     * The development environment toolbar icon size now follows the font
>> size. * You can send key events to other applications.
>>     * The Observer class can catch events after they have been processed.
>>     * GridView cells can display rich text.
>>
>> Read the ChangeLog for the details.
>> ------------^^^^^^^-------------------
>>

> Oops.

Hi,

Before I cut and paste my environment:

the current svn code needs gb.desktop, otherwise the ide won't start, is
this by design?
I can't remember this behavior in previous versions.

[root at ...51... trunk]# gambas2
ERROR: #27: Cannot load component 'gb.desktop': cannot find library file

I have looked in translating gambas to Dutch, but there a lot to
translate, there is not much time before the final release i guess?
Any other Dutch volunteers?

Regards,
Ron.