[Gambas-user] CGI

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...626...
Thu Dec 13 11:45:13 CET 2007

Le Thursday 13 December 2007 11:35:13 Phil Teare, vous avez écrit :
> Hi
>
> I'm a very fresh newbie to GAMBAS. Firstly thanks! Great idea, so far,
> looking very well executed.
>
> I'm interested in the idea of the 'ASP like' cgi web app concept. However I
> can't find any documentation on it. could I have some pointers. I realize
> it may be a bit fresh, but at the mo, I just want to know whats there and
> how to try and use it.
>
> Many thanks,
> Phil

It's really simple,

You have a component nammed gb.web

For a cgi, you need first have an http server like apache or other that
support cgi...

Then you make first simple app like :

Public Sub Main()

  Response.Begin()

	Print "<H1>This is my first Gambas CGI<H2>

  Response.End

End

Then you make the executable and store it in your cgi-bin path
(generally /usr/lib/cgi-bin by default)

and you try it in a navigator : http://localhost/cgi-bin/mycgi.gambas

Simple,
Look at the doc at http://gambasdoc.org in the gb.web doc