[Gambas-user] umlauts and other special characters

Hans-Martin Böhme bundeshund at ...467...
Wed Dec 12 22:14:08 CET 2007

Uh, the version i use is gambas 1.9.91.

I played around a bit and saw while debugging and spectating my application
that 'DBCHARSET = $hConn.Charset' gets "UTF-8", what is not right. if I can
believe the dump from mysql. It says "latin1" as the used charset.

If i dump the DB with mysqldump
using '--mysqldump --user=x --password=y --default-character-set=latin1
mytestdb > ~/storeithere.dump' it works. All characters are the right ones in
the dump.

I debugged and looked into the characters gambas gets from mysql. They are not
printable and looks like 2 squares. The wrong characters i get when i dump it
without the --default-character-set look like 'ä' for an german  "ä"  for
example.

Any help will be great!

Greetings

Hans-Martin