[Gambas-user] Optimalisation of default name property after copy of a control

wig wig at ...1809...
Wed Dec 12 10:42:32 CET 2007

In the IDE it would be interesting if, after making a copy of a control,
the Name property would default to a copy of the name property of the
copied control, plus let's say a number.

Example:

The IDE helps giving good names with giving a standard name, like for the
LCD control a new control gets the name "LCDNumber1".

When I adjust the control, I adjust properties like color, font etc, and I
give it a relevant name  for my application like "LCDChannel".

The application screen needs repeating similar controls, so I copy the
control.

Existing LCDNumber control "LCDChannel"

 copy ctrl-c, paste ctrl-v

result "LCDChannel1"

(=what I would like it to be)

instead of "LCDNumber1"

Probably a typical question of a simple GUI user who doesn't use code for
making the controls ...

Wim