[Gambas-user] Highlighting editor query

Mike Keehan Mike at ...680...
Tue Dec 11 13:54:19 CET 2007

Benoit Minisini wrote:
> On mardi 11 d�cembre 2007, Mike Keehan wrote:
>> I am using the highlighting editor in Gambas 1.0.19 to display some
>> plain text for a user to edit.  The editor changes all Gambas language
>> words into uppercase, e.g. "and if then" becomes "AND IF THEN".
>>
>> Is there any way to stop it doing this?
>>
>> The editor source code has a number of dictionaries preset with the
>> word list, and a routine to analyse the text, but I can't figure out
>> how to Not Analyse.
>>
>> Mike.
>
> Not in the Gambas 1.x version. But why do you use the source code editor to
> just edit plain text?

Ahh, well it had some other useful features when I first wrote the
program.  I use the breakpoint facility to mark a particular line in
the text - the colours are used to highlight some things.  It was
easier to use that control at the time.

I guess I should port it all to Gambas 2 now, and use a simpler editor
control.  That will give me something interesting to do :)

Thanks for replying Benoit.

Cheers,

   Mike.