[Gambas-user] About the Gambas article

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Thu Dec 6 19:48:14 CET 2007

On Thursday 06 December 2007 12:25, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> > I wrote a little article yesterday, with a link to the main one
> > on the wiki. Let's see if it will appear now...
>
> Apparently no... Is that a plot? :-(

Very few Slashdot articles that get submitted make it to the site's
headlines.  Most apparently languish in the members-only queue (this
is how they say it works, but I've never been a member so I don't
know) and only if they get a certain amount of interest do they make
the main site.

You could always submit it to Digg, but Digg is even less
developer-centric than Slashdot or OSnews.

I think there's a possibility it could appear in the Newsvac headlines
on linux.com and newsforge.com for a day, if you wanted to submit it
there.  But they might see it as a press release, and they don't
carry a lot of press releases.  Maybe http://linuxpr.com/?  I don't
know how many sites reference it, but it might get some notice we
might not have otherwise gotten.

Getting a prominent blogger to notice the imminent release of Gambas
2.0 would probably help, but there's so much more hype about Ajax and
other web technologies nowadays that traditional desktop development
tends to fly under the radar.

Rob