[Gambas-user] Finally Gambas got "SendKeys"

Arief Bayu Purwanto ariefbayu at ...626...
Wed Dec 5 03:00:56 CET 2007

Hi there,
I try to send F12 to lauch yakuake, but it couldn't launch it.

I try it with console:

?Desktop.SendKeys(Key.F12)
No return value
4155
?Desktop.SendKeys("F12")
No return value
F12
?Desktop.SendKeys(F12)
Unknown symbol

Did I do something wrong?
Or, SendKeys only able to send normal character, not function keys?

On 12/5/07, Benoit Minisini <gambas at ...1...> wrote:

> On mardi 4 décembre 2007, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > The last revision includes an "intelligent" implementation of
> > Desktop.SendKeys, that allows to send any key to the window having the
> > focus.
> >
> > What is sent internally are keyboard codes, and so this method tries to
> map
> > strings to this keycodes, by searching which modifier keys must apply to
> -----------> these
> > enter the key.
> --> get the right key.
> >
> > For example, on a french keyboard, sending "@" needs actually a press on
> > modifier key (ALT-GR, which of course does not have this name on X11,
> > otherwise things would have been too simple...).
> >
> > Well, this is why this function is "intelligent". I invite you to check
> > this function or your own keyboard, especially if it not a french
> layout,
> > and tell me the result...
> >
> > Regards,
>
> --