[Gambas-user] Host for GambasForge

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...626...
Sun Dec 2 15:17:17 CET 2007

Le Sunday 02 December 2007 11:20:35 Benoit Minisini, vous avez écrit :
> On dimanche 2 décembre 2007, Gareth Bult wrote:
> > Sorry, my poor use of English.
> > I wasn't implying gambas forge had copied gambasrad, I was simply saying
> > they provide the same facilities.
> >
> > The difference is that Plone was designed as a Content management system,
> > is already sitting on a scalable platform with access to 12 Xeon CPU's
> > with 16Gb of RAM and the software release module is a standard package
> > supported by a large open source community.
> >
> > If both are hosted and working, great, there's a choice.
> > If one isn't hosting or isn't working, why not use the other ?
> >
> > --
> > Gambas is great and can do lots of things ..
> > That doesn't mean however that it's the best tool for every job or that
> > it has to be used for every job (!) --
>
> There is the "marketing" problem too. :-)
>
> Of course Plone will be more powerful than anything we could write in
> Gambas at the moment.
>
> But, on the other hand, people will be more confident if they see that the
> Gambas guys use Gambas for their own thing. Otherwise they will tell "c'mon
> these guys don't even use their own language! They work at Microsoft or
> what?" :-)

I do not want war :-P...

On other hand, plone can manage many big project with ressource management,
bug tracker, i will use it for my own Big project with many devellopper...

But to send snippet, code exemple, tutorial, private news... ouch... plone is
too fat.

Our site are differente and have different goal... to do plone many and many
devellopers have working on... for gambasforge ... for now i'm the one.
So yes there is bugs, and the site change and change :)
But it's why it is interesting... it's not my interest to manage content, but
it's a real plasure to make this site, and it's with anthousiasm, that i'm
doing that in gambas !

The goal is not to be perfect... but to be in gambas :)
Then to be simple for user.
Then to give users the need to have this web page in home page ;-P

AS have say Bill in the past,  We have to become unavoidable

Fabien