[Gambas-user] Gambas-user Digest, Vol 15, Issue 32

Harvey, Lewis (Contractor) Lewis.Harvey at ...1759...
Thu Aug 30 01:31:32 CEST 2007

OK with what you stated below is there a way to create a property
(containing text/str) in Gambas for an existing object that will be
created in the Qt widget and the value will be passed?

Thanks
Lewis Harvey

Message: 10
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 01:06:14 +0200
From: Benoit Minisini <gambas at ...1...>
Subject: Re: [Gambas-user] Obj Name property not passed to completed
	app
To: mailing list for gambas users <gambas-user at lists.sourceforge.net>

On mercredi 29 ao?t 2007, Harvey, Lewis (Contractor) wrote:
> In my automation effort I see that Gambas has an object property
called
> name.  But in when automation the tool captures the object properties
> and the name is always unnamed.  And it does not matter what I set the
> name to inside of Gambas when creating my app it is not passed all the
> way through to the resulting object on my application.  Does anyone
know
> how I can set the name property so that it is passed all the way
through
> Qt and to the resulting object in my application?  The same for group
> and caption?

The "Name" property is a Gambas property, it has nothing to do with the
widget
name Qt property. (hopefully, as these names are used by the Qt & KDE
libraries, so you should not touch them).

The "(Group)" property is syntactic sugar from the IDE, it does not
exist in
Gambas at all.

As for the 'Caption' property, which is a synonymous of the 'Text'
property,
it is usually reflect in an equivalent Qt widget properties. But it
depends
on the Gambas control.

Benoit Minisini

Thank you,

Lewis Harvey
Test Automation Consultant
RIS - Pizza Hut
(972) 338-6715 - Office
(972) 743-9683 - Cell

This communication is confidential and may be legally privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, (i) please do not read or disclose to others, (ii) please notify the sender by reply mail, and (iii) please delete this communication from your system.  Failure to follow this process may be unlawful.  Thank you for your cooperation.