[Gambas-user] developing antivirus software for windows with gambas

Patrik Hasibuan patrikh at ...1758...
Mon Aug 27 10:22:00 CEST 2007

Dear all of my friends in this mailing list.

I want to develop an antivirus for suse linux, solaris and windows. for suse and solaris we decided to develop with C++ and Qt but for windows we haven't decided yet. It could be easier if also with C++ in windows but out marketing department strategy said different opinion. They prefer gambas.

So now the problem is if gambas give the developers the no limitation for developing an antivirus software on windows platform. Anybody in this mailing list can give me enough advices? Does gambas has interfaces to C/C++ and assembly?
Does gambas not need such interface because it has the same development facility (features) as MS Visual Basic does? Does gambas has full coverage in hardware driver environment? what's about gambas'es coverage in MS Office application? If gambas does not have any coverage in MS Office application, what's about to OpenOffice?

Thank you very much in advance.
--
Patrik Hasibuan <patrikh at ...1758...>
Junior Programmer