[Gambas-user] Re; Website ...

Gareth Bult gareth at ...1689...
Wed Aug 22 19:23:44 CEST 2007

Ok,

If you now click on "Software" you'll get the user-contributed code manager.

It's fairly complex in terms of what it does, but it should be easy to use .. I just bumbled my way through and added GridEditor.

It manages releases, trackers, versions, contacts, project pages, screen shots ets ..
And you can get an RSS feed from the projects list .. :)

Also (!) the Tracker component is just a module anyone can add to their own folder, so anyone adding a project here can add their own dedicated project tracker in their "my folder" area.

Generally I'm now supporting the following item types within the portal;

    • Announcement
    • Event
    • File
    • Folder
    • Google Video (youtube)
    • Help Center
    • Image
    • Issue Tracker
    • Link
    • News Item
    • Page
    • Poll
    • Smart folder (contents are the result of a dynamic site search)
    • Software Center (we can have more than one :) )
    • Tabbed sub-pages (as per "screenshots")

Permissions

    • Probably a good idea if we limit manager status, however all pages have a "sharing" tab, so you can assign access of any page / folder to one or more other users.
    • New content should probably get in one's "My Folder".
    • Your home folder is not created by default, at the moment they're created by hand to stop any rogue bots signing up Warez ..
    • News items / announcements will only appear on the front page when "published", only "reviewers" can publish stuff, if you add a news item, click on "submit" and wait .. :)

Going out now .. any problems / feedback etc .. will look at tomorrow ..

--
Managing Director, Encryptec Limited
Tel: 0845 25 77033, Mob: 07891 389657