[Gambas-user] Problem with the mailing-list

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Mon Aug 20 02:58:40 CEST 2007

On Sunday 19 August 2007, Gareth Bult wrote:
> I think Gambas is unbeatable when it comes to graphical
> applications, but I would never use it to run a web site, other
> than just to see if it could do it. (just because there's so much
> stuff one would need to code from scratch) You might consider using

We were actually running TWiki for years until Benoit decided it would
never provide exactly what we needed, and neither would Mediawiki or
any other canned software.

Like Benoit, I have done web applications professionally in Gambas.  I
think the "eating our own dog food" quality of having our wiki/CMS
written in Gambas (as it is presently on qwertyx.net, where I host
it) is a feature, not a bug.  If nothing else, it ensures that gb.web
is kept updated ;)

Rob