[Gambas-user] New web site design

ron ronstk at ...239...
Mon Aug 20 00:54:36 CEST 2007

On Sunday 19 August 2007 23:46, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> On dimanche 19 août 2007, ron wrote:
> > On Sunday 19 August 2007 16:38, Fabien Bodard wrote:
> > > Two things :
> > > - Change the left menu text color to another more easy to read,
> > > - Put a big download button like in the firefox site
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Fabien
> >
> > Same here on one of the 2 monitors.
> > It depends on the brightness or something.
> > A nice dark blue of #000040 is in style :)
> >
> > Greetz,
> >
> > Ron Onstenk
> >

> Is it better with text shadow?

See the shadow.jpg 	(kubuntu6.10 konq 3.5.5 default font)
See the shadowsmall.jpg (kubuntu6.10 konq 3.5.5) smaller font
See the shadowff2.jpg 	(kubuntu6.10 Firefox 2.0.0.6)
Firefox has the same problem with the font size.

The main problem with shadow is, i found in the past, is when
it is used in a small width frame/div or other block element.
It can help to set the menu frame 20/30 px more wider (or make it resizeable).

In general the shadow makes it more readable here, but side effects can occur.

> > PS
> > At the page 'Distibutions & OS' the alternating row color
> > is color yes or color transparent, the gambas shows trough :)
> > On the main monitor it looks all white, the other looks OK.
> > A somewhat darker background color could just do fine here to.
>
> LCD flat panels have difficulties to show light colors. I will fix that.

Alternating row color is just fine (for me) on both screens rows.jpg
Both are indeed LCD Flatpanel

Ron