[Gambas-user] Problems in the database component design

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Aug 18 22:52:13 CEST 2007

Hi, everyone.

I designed the database component with the idea of having table and field name
case unsensitive.

Of course, alas not all database systems deal the same way with that, and so I
decided to systematically convert field and table names to lower case before
sending them to the drivers.

But there are problems yet.

The last one detected by Fabien Bodard is that you can't use SQL keywords as
field names when creating a table.

So I think I will switch to a case sensitive design. It will make things
harder for old VB newbies, but a cleaner design is better.

What do you think about that?

--
Benoit Minisini