[Gambas-user] Release of gambas 1.9.50

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Aug 14 12:22:43 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm back from the mountains, and alive. :-) See the attached image for a proof
(yes, it's me and my bag inside the blue cloak - it was just before the
storm).

You get in this release mainly the result of an intensive work on gb.gtk. Now
this component can almost replace the gb.qt one, and I did so in many
examples for testing purpose.

You will find in the IDE project property dialog a "swap gb.qt/gb.gtk" button
that you can use to test your projects against gb.gtk. This button will be
remove in the final version. But please use it if you want to help testing
gb.gtk.

The job is not finished, and the following features are not implemented:

* Sorting in TreeView, ListView and ColumnView.

* The transformation matrix of the Draw class. This feature may become
optional in gb.qt, as it is not supported by the GTK+ drawing model. This
will be solved in the future by the use of Cairo.

* HTML support in the TextEdit control.

* Some GridView properties.

* The "_DefaultSize" hidden properties used by the IDE when you drag a control
from the toolbox and drop it on a form.

* The old Drag & Drop code was not reviewed and may not work.

* The MouseDrag event.

* The specific DrawingArea.Enabled behaviour.

* The Settings properties of some controls.

* The Image.Draw() method.

* The Image.Data and Image.Transparent properties.

* The Menu.Hide() and Menu.Show() methods.

* Mouse.Horizontal and Mouse.Vertical.

* Mouse.StartX and Mouse.StartY.

* The Drawing class. This feature does not exist in GTK+, so it may be removed
from gb.qt, and/or will be replaced by some SVG support in a future release.

* The MovieBox source code was not reviewed.

* The Printer class. This feature does not exist in GTK+, so it may be removed
from gb.qt and put in a specific component. It is actually a PS generator.

* The ProgressBar, Separator, and Slider control source code was not reviewed.

* The Control.Design property.

* Input methods are not managed by the KeyPress event.

Otherwise, here are the main changes:

* Support for autotools packages of Gambas projects, thanks to Laurent
Carlier.

* Some new examples: a game ported from Gambas 1.0 and a PDF viewer.

* A new property that makes the running program a daemon.

* Some important bug fixes in the database drivers.

* The gb.net.smtp component should work correctly in all cases now.

* The enhanced standard dialogs were moved from gb.form to their own
gb.form.dialog component so that they are optional.

And finally you can read the full ChangeLog at
http://gambas.sf.net/changelog2.html.

Enjoy it!

--
Benoit Minisini