[Gambas-user] More on properties ...

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Apr 29 20:32:21 CEST 2007

On dimanche 29 avril 2007, Gareth Bult wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm stuck again .. I have a Component based on UserContainer which
> contains a GridView and a Panel.
> Generally it works fine ..
>
> However, when in the IDE I would like to render the component in much
> the same way as the Gridview renders, i.e. potentially showing the
> headers etc ..
>
> If I add;
> PUBLIC CONST _DrawWith AS String = "GridView"
>
> It actually renders part of my custom component .. (it actually draws a
> GridView component, albeit not the one I was after ...)
>
> How do I make it call my own draw routine and what needs to go in the
> routine ?
>
> I'm guessing it's along the lines of;
>
> PUBLIC CONST _DrawWith AS String = "GridEditor"
>
> PUBLIC SUB GridEditor_Refresh()
>
>     do stuff ...
>
> END
>
> But I can't seem to get a working combination .. any chance can you
> point me in the right direction ?
>
> thanks,
> Gareth.

The IDE can only render controls of the components it uses itself (i.e. gb.qt,
gb.qt.ext and gb.form).

Otherwise, it uses the control described in the _DrawWith property, that must
be a control of gb.qt, gb.qt.ext, and gb.form too.

There is no way to explain the IDE how to render a control from a component
that it does not use.

This is something to do for the 3.0 version of Gambas!

Benoit Minisini