[Gambas-user] Problems with controls - text property

Steven Lobbezoo steven at ...1652...
Thu Apr 26 23:05:18 CEST 2007

Hi,

I dont get it, if I do the following :
      FOR EACH ctrl IN ME.Controls
        IF ctrl.Name = tmp THEN
          IF ctrl.Tag <> ctrl.Text THEN
            ' ok, we've changed something, let's write it back
            IF SqlPrt THEN SqlPrt = SqlPrt & ","
            SqlPrt = SqlPrt & " " & Object.GetProperty(ctrl, "Name") & " = '"
& Object.GetProperty(ctrl, "Text") & "' "
          END IF
          BREAK
        END IF
      NEXT

I get  "Unknown symbol 'test' in class control"

Certanly there are  controls in the form that not have a property 'text', but
I filter them out with the line "        IF ctrl.Name = tmp THEN   "
Since ALL the controls that satisfy this condition have a property "text".

If I look into the vars ctrl.Tag and ctrl.Text there is a value, no problem
there.

So, why do I get this error ?

Steven