[Gambas-user] Report generation

Steven Lobbezoo steven at ...1652...
Fri Apr 13 23:14:53 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm getting into the phase, where i have to generate reports in my
application. Of course, I could use gb.print, but... it's still a
bit 'starting up' and it does not make graphics and so on. This, all can be
done in gambas, I know, but maybe it's easyer to use a report generator (or
even integrate that into gambas) like Jasper. It has a nice report design
module (ireport), and works quite good.
However, it's written in java (Ugghh) and the guy's on its forums refuse to
make available a runtime app (for a non-java programmer) to use. I have to
install apache, tomcat, ant etc. etc. Very complicated and totally -not-
interesting. ;-)
I just want to use a design interface like their i-report and then generate
some files (xml ...) that can be red by a runtime program to produce a report
(print, pdf, ....).

Has any of you guys any experiance ? Anybody found a good 'module' ?
Maybe some tested agatha ?

Thanks for your opinions.
Steven