[Gambas-user] Licensing

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Thu Apr 12 18:21:59 CEST 2007

On Thursday 12 April 2007 10:48, Leonardo Miliani wrote:
> You have 2 solutions:
> 1) use the GTK widgets, that can be used both for free and
> commercial products without any licence fee;
> 2) release your application free of charge.

3) Contact Trolltech and negotiate a commercial license... BEFORE
you start coding.  (This is not a Gambas restriction, but a Qt
restriction.  Trolltech doesn't want companies having whole
teams of programmers develop the code using the free version and
then just buy 1 license of the commercial version to compile the
final commercial product.)

I've suggested that to about a dozen people on the list over the
last couple years.  To my knowledge none of them has ever
contacted Trolltech, so I don't know what happens next after
that.

Rob