[Gambas-user] Signal 11 problem..

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Apr 10 21:16:23 CEST 2007

On mardi 10 avril 2007, sbungay wrote:
> Laurent Carlier wrote:
> > On Tuesday 10 April 2007 20:02:14 Stephen Bungay wrote:
> >> I have an application which makes use of drag and drop and occasionally
> >>Gambas fails (entire compiled app vanishes from the screen with no error
> >>message) with a signal 11 while performing drag and drop operations. I
> >> have not been able to ascertain any kind of pattern to the failures. The
> >> application might perform wonderfully for three or four drag & drops and
> >> suddenly fail on the initiation of a drag or on the drop event.
> >>  Has anyone else experienced failures of this type when using drag &
> >> drop?
> >>
> >>I'm using gambas 1.9.47 on FC5 and FC6.
> >>
> >>Steve.
> >
> > Can you reproduce the failure with the drag and drop example ?
> >
> > Otherwise can you run the project inside gdb and post the backtrace ? or
> > post the project ....
> >
> > Thanks !
>
>    I have not tried reproduce the problem within the drag and drop
> example. I will do so, a question to you  Laurent; by "run the project
> inside the gdb" do you mean load gambas up in gambas, run it and then
> load the app in that?

First, you must tell your shell to allow coredumps with the following command:
$ ulimit -c 32000

Then you can run the drag & drop program inside this shell, until you succeed
in crashing it.

Then you will get a core dump file named core.XXXX where XXXX is the process
id of the crashed program.

Then you can run gdb on it to find where it crashed, this way:

$ gdb /usr/bin/gbx2 core.XXXX

gdb will tell you exactly where the program crashed. Send me this information!

Benoit Minisini