[Gambas-user] Retrieving picture from Database Mysql

Steven Lobbezoo steven at ...1652...
Mon Apr 9 09:26:40 CEST 2007

But, You should watch it :
Gambas does NOT recognise blob fields correctly.
You need to define a "Large Blob" in Mysql, not a medium ore small or varchar
unlimited. All these other formats are interpreted (I suppose in the name of
compatibility) as char and not transferred (You will only get the first four
characters (8 Bytes)) correctly.
I consider this leveling at a common lowest dominator a very bad thing, since
it prives you from all kind of features in MySql, but anyway.... I suppose
it's the french way (THey do that in politics too). ;-))
That why I use db.Exec all the time, pity!

Steven