[Gambas-user] Running Gambas without KDE

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Wed Sep 27 08:44:14 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 27 September 2006 02:11, Jose J. Rodriguez wrote:
> Is there a ./configure --disable that will help (couldn't find
> any with "./configure --help"), or is the Stock class
> absolutely neccessary, meaning KDE or Gnome are a must now?

The Stock class is implemented in Gambas, so the configure script
shouldn't affect it at all unless you disable gb.qt and gb.gtk.
Its .project file only seems to require gb.qt for the Qt one,
which is used in the IDE, so I'm not sure why it's not building
for you.  The code does try to autodetect whether you're running
KDE or GNOME and has no "else" condition (which should return
blank icons? or the original ones from Gambas 1.x?), but I can't
see why it wouldn't compile.

Could you go into the Gambas source directory, cd gb.qt/src/gb.qt
and run gbc2 and then gbx2 and report any errors you get?

Rob