[Gambas-user] the other side of Completion

Ron Onstenk ronstk at ...239...
Wed Sep 20 18:48:00 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 20 September 2006 10:51, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 September 2006 22:10, Ron Onstenk wrote:
> > On Tuesday 19 September 2006 20:43, Charlie Reinl wrote:
> > > Salut Benoît,
> > >
> > > on gambas2-1.9.42
> >
> > --8<--
> >
> > > PRIVATE SUB Test_Element(sVar
> > > '-------------------------------------------------------------------
> > >
> > > My Problem is minior, but try to finish the last line.
> > >
> > > PRIVATE SUB Test_Element(sVar
> > >
> > > The name of the passed Variable should NOT be 'sVarName'
> > > If I try to set a SPACE after sVar, I get 'sVarName'.
> > >
> > > I found the only way is, to ignore that, finish my line with ' AS
> > > String)' and then go back and change the variable name.
> > >
> > > NOT realy confortable.
> > >
> > > Amicalment
> > > Charlie
> >
> > Confirm, I have that same effect seen here to. Already happen in 1.9.35/.39
> > Same solution :)
> >
> > Ron
> >

> At the moment, pressing space during a completion has the same effect as
> pressing '(', '[', '!' or '.'. I can remove this behaviour.

Charlie/I want to add the line below
PRIVATE SUB Test_Element(sVar AS String)

After he typed the space after the 'sVar' to continue with 'as String'
it is completed to 'sVarName' which is before used/declared in the code.

The completion can be abort by pressing the 'Esc' key (i guess) but
the space should automagic do that 'Esc'.

Same did happen to me with

  dim sVarName as string
  dim sVar as string

pressing the space after 'sVar' should NOT expand to sVarName

Hope this explains it more :)

Ron