[Gambas-user] Mailing-list filtering

Timothy Marshal-Nichols timothy.marshal-nichols at ...247...
Wed Sep 20 08:38:26 CEST 2006

I know some people have voted for the first option but I should like to
vote for the first.

1. I do not think you should place to many obstacles in the way on new users
getting information about Gambas. For experienced users it is not a problem
signing
up. But if you know little about mailing lists or Gambas you might think
twice
before signing up. You want to make it as easy as possible to get involved.

2. I think keeping the mailing list as free and open as possible fits in
more with the
philosophy of the internet and open source software.

If the price we have to pay for this is a bit of Spam getting through then
so be it.
So far it has not been that bad.

3. Never reply or respond to Spam. In know it sounds a little utopian, but
if the spammers gain nothing from their actions they will stop. So, on
principle,
never ever, ever buy anything from cold calls, junk mail or Spam.

Thanks

8-{)} Timothy Marshal-Nichols
<mailto: timothy.marshal-nichols at ...247...>