[Gambas-user] Object.Attach Problem

R. Stormo rohnny at ...1248...
Sat Sep 16 08:23:20 CEST 2006

Benoit Minisini wrote:

> On Monday 11 September 2006 19:33, R. Stormo wrote:
>> I have a prolem with Object.Attach.
>>
>> When this is set  Object.Attach(myform, ME, "myform")
>>
>> the form_resize does not work as it should
>>
>> sub form_resize ()
>>
>>   Panel1.Width = ME.Width
>>   Print "hello"
>>
>> end
>>
>> When the object.attach is set then print hello does work but not
>> pane1.width. When I disable the object.attach
>>
>> the function is working as it should. Is there a sensible answer for
>> this?
>>

>> Regards Rohnny
>>     http://forum.stormweb.no
>
> If your event name is "myform", then your event handler must be named
> "myform_resize".
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Benoit Minisini

That I understand. Ill try to explane it again.
----
Form1 -
Dim f as form

f = new myform

Object.Attach(myform, ME, "myform")

Sub myform_do_calulations()
    f.DO_my_routine()
end sub
----

form2 (myform)

sub  form_resize()
   Panel1.Width = ME.Width
   Print "hello"
end sub

What do work in form2 is only print "hello" so it do go into the routine on
the form, but it do not set the panel.width

The reason form the object.attach is that I have other routines that shall
be updated outside the form2 (myform). But at the same time
sub_close , sub_resize  should work also.

Regards Rohnny
         http://forum.stormweb.no