[Gambas-user] Release of gambas 1.9.42

Ron Onstenk ronstk at ...239...
Fri Sep 15 12:12:13 CEST 2006

---8<------

> > Then it will be the end of gambas for me, at least the project I
> > working on for my employer is over.
> >
> > Sad Ron.
> >

> Sorry to say that, but this is always the risk when using a development
> version.

I know, using the develop version is for me that there are more
things possible with it than version 1.
I had in the past, about using the latest library by Daniel, a comment
that the hope is that at the final release of gambas the 'latest' also is
main stream by the distributions.
Makes sense. Same could see for me/my project.

> But don't worry, there is always a solution, and I don't want you to be
> sad. :-)

As far I know you, your  inventive work, you have already something :)

> There was a change in the Select event. It is now deferred, i.e. sent at the
> return of the event loop. Maybe this is the source of the problem, I don't
> know.
>
> I have to that, because sometimes events sent immediately makes the underlying
> QT widget behave badly, or even crash!

I found myself that event programming is not as easy as it looks :)

> Anyway, the DirView control does exactly what you need: it reads the directory
> contents only if you expand it, not before.

The (file) directory was used as example, because it looks the same as the
result of the datebase tree for the project.

> So I suggest you read the source code that manage the directory tree of
> DirView to understand what is wrong. The file is FDirChooser, and is located
> in the gb.form component project.
>
> You can send me your project too, or the part of your project that manages the
> directory view. If I have time, I will look at it.

Well that will not easy to do, my code is at least a mess, shame to me :)
Beside it is very dependend on using a database having many ghost tables to
find the best way for working.

> Otherwise, why don't you use directly the DirView control?

Because it is not a real filesystem but a browser like a filesystem to find
the relevant data for the product in process.

> Regards,

P.S.

When quoting your post it always end in above Regards without your name.
I belive it is because your name is below the signature marker of '--'
instead above it

Thanks for reply,

Ron

--
My signature below is very interesting for blind people.