[Gambas-user] Money type in correct representation PT_BR

Fabricio Silva buxaman at ...626...
Mon Sep 11 15:08:46 CEST 2006

Helo,

In Brazil the currency is displayed like this:  R$ 147,00   R$ 3.521,00 and
so on. I'm using SuSE 10.0, mysql 4.1 and Gambas 1.9.34. Before saving data
I used: txtprice.Text = Replace$(txtprice.Text, ",", ".")  because I use a
decimal (7,2) data type. Now I'm trying to display it to the users using a
table view but I'm stuck in how to tell gambas only to change the correct
values. I tryed Format without sucess. There's another issue that I can't
figure out in this code of mine. There's some sort of loop messing up
things.... I inserted a:
PRINT (global.rs1[arrtable[Column]])
just before:
global.rs1.MoveTo(Row)
And saw it repeat the value many times. Why?

Tanks in advance

The code:

------------------------------------Product
Class-------------------------------------------

arrtable[4] AS String
PUBLIC global AS principal
PUBLIC i AS String

PUBLIC SUB form_open()

  global = NEW principal
  global.conection()
  db.Close
  db.Open

  show_data()

END

PUBLIC SUB show_data()
DIM sql AS String
  WITH tableview1
    .rows.count = 0
    .columns.count = 4
    .columns[0].text = "Code"
    .columns[0].Width = 50
    .columns[1].text = "Description"
    .columns[1].Width = 300
    .Columns[2].Text = "Quantity"
    .columns[2].Width = 80
    .columns[3].text = "Price"
    .columns[3].Width = 70

  END WITH
  sql = "SELECT code, description, quantity, price FROM product ORDER BY
code ASC"
  global.fill(tableview1, sql)

END

PUBLIC SUB tableview1_Data(Row AS Integer, Column AS Integer)

  arrtable[0] = "code"
  arrtable[1] = "description"
  arrtable[2] = "quantity"
  arrtable[3] = "price"
  global.rs1.MoveTo(Row)
  tableview1.data.Text = CStr(global.rs1[arrtable[Column]])
  'tableview1.data.Text = Format$(Val(global.rs1[arrtable[Column]]), "#,00")

END
--------------------------Relevant part of Principal
Class-------------------------------------------

PUBLIC rs AS Result
PUBLIC rs1 AS Result
STATIC PUBLIC db AS NEW Connection
PUBLIC CONST dbname AS String = "geral"
PUBLIC CONST host AS String = "localhost"
PUBLIC CONST passw AS String = "teste"
PUBLIC CONST login AS String = "root"

STATIC PUBLIC FUNCTION conection() AS Boolean

  db.Type = "mysql"
  db.Host = host
  db.Login = login
  db.Password = passw
  db.Name = dbname

  RETURN TRUE
CATCH
  RETURN FALSE

END

PUBLIC SUB fill(tbv AS tableview, qry AS String)
DIM i AS Float
  rs1 = db.exec(qry)
  WITH rs1
    tbv.rows.count = 0