[Gambas-user] Memory access error in gbc2

Mike Nought mike-nought at ...17...
Sun Sep 10 23:06:00 CEST 2006

Hi all,

after some testing i found the reason for the memory access error I wrote
Benoit today.

It occures if one tries to compile the following code:

----
PRIVATE $stuff as String

PUBLIC SUB bla(OPTIONAL notAllowed as String = $stuff)
END
----

I did not know that it is not possible to use global variables as standard for
optional arguments of procedures. So it seems to be a rather silly bug,
caused by too few documentation and a forgotten check ;)
But this error nearly made me crazy this weekend.

Sincerely,
Franz

Am Sonntag, 10. September 2006 13:06 schrieben Sie: