[Gambas-user] two requests

Stefano Palmeri stefanopalmeri at ...152...
Fri Sep 8 12:11:59 CEST 2006

Hi, Benoit.

1) Gambas is great and so I'm sure in next months/years there will be
a lot of software "made in Gambas". This software will reach
not only developers, I mean people that could have some problems
in opening the IDE and compile the project.
So when you make the source package of a project, it could be
useful to add in the source an executable script (i.e. compileproject) that
does the job of checking if a proper Gambas is installed and
then compile the project.  Something that should become
a standard like ./configure, make, make install.

2) From 1.9.41 ChangeLog I read:

[...]
The IDE choose the external browser by looking if you run KDE, Gnome, by
reading the contents of the $BROWSER environment variable, and by trying some
default executables otherwise.
[...]

I currently run 1.9.40, but reading that above, it seems that the $BROWSER
environment variable is the second option after the desktop manager.
In my opinion the $BROWSER option should be the first, giving the user
the first choise about is favourite browser:

export BROWSER="mybrowser"; gambas2

Regards,

Stefano Palmeri