[Gambas-user] How do we get rid of the RINGO user that is SPAMMING us?

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Wed Sep 6 00:53:18 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 05 September 2006 16:59, Scott Castaline wrote:
> Whoever runs the list should have the capability to remove
> them. Has anyone made any sense out of the other e-mail?

Someone, who appears to have the initials "R R" (no one that I
know of who posts regularly) signed the gambas-user list up for
Ringo, and because anyone can post to the list without
verification, was able to confirm the signup which was when we
started getting all that spam.

Luckily, the same technique worked for deleting us from Ringo.
This morning, I changed the password that user had set up and
then I deleted the account altogether.  We shouldn't see any
more Ringo posts.... until the next jerk decides to invite
gambas-user to Ringo and then confirm it again.  The only
permanent solution is to moderate posts from non-members, and I
don't think Benoit wants to do that.

If it was the people who run Ringo trying to drum up business,
they've surely lost any chance of getting any from me.

Rob