[Gambas-user] Drawing using tranparency

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Sep 2 16:06:22 CEST 2006

On Thursday 31 August 2006 14:27, Marco Colnaghi Libero IMAP wrote:
> I'm trying to blend together 2 images but with bad results.
>
> just to start this work I have some questions I can't find an answer:
>
> Is there a function giving back the red (or green or blue) component of a
> color? (equivalent to qRed in QT)
>
> How can I change the alpha level of an image? Putting transparency to true
> enables transparency but I can't figure out how to dim the image before
> printing.
>
> How can I print an image using alpha channel too?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Marco.

Alas there is no support for blending Image objects and for correctly
manupilate the alpha channel in Gambas yet. This should be done. :-)

You cannot print using alpha channel, because Postscript does not support it.
I don't know what Qt does if you send an image with alpha channel to the
printer. Maybe it ignores it, or it blends it with a white background, I
don't know.

To be sure, you have to make a non-transparent image from your transparent
ones before sending it to the printer.

Benoit Minisini