[Gambas-user] gambas2-1.9.41 component developer

Ron Onstenk ronstk at ...239...
Fri Sep 1 19:21:34 CEST 2006

On Friday 01 September 2006 17:54, wspinto at ...1405... wrote:

> Hi!
> In gambas .41 have a component creato but i'not undertand.
> I read the gambas2-1.9.41/comp/ directory and you examples and not be suficient
> for undertand.
>
> Please send example this new feature, creted with new IDE feature.
>
> Reguards,
>
> Wellington
>

> PS: My english not very well

In the source tree of gambas code there exists already a 'comp' directory.

  /home/ron/src/gambas2-1.9.38/comp

In that directory is also a 'src' directory.
You need to place your component into that directory in his own directory.
I did it for new mdi as 'gb.form.mda' as following.

  /home/ron/src/gambas2-1.9.38/comp/src/gb.form.mda

In the 'src' directory there is a file 'order' with content of

  gb.settings gb.info gb.form gb.form.mdi gb.db.form

I add my component as gb.form.mda as following

  gb.settings gb.info gb.form gb.form.mdi gb.db.form  gb.form.mda

Note the name to add must be the name of your new component directory.

Be carefull to add a *.component file into you component directory too.
Example available in the other components.

For install and activate goto the root of the source tree i.e.

  /home/ron/src/gambas2-1.9.38

and type as root 'make install'

Now you should find your component in the IDE project properties.

Ron