[Gambas-user] Special Compilation for archlinux.

Gabriel C nix.or.die at ...1601...
Tue Oct 31 21:06:40 CET 2006

Benoit Minisini wrote:
> On Tuesday 31 October 2006 19:41, Christian E. López Finnberg wrote:
>
>> Hi, I'm trying to make the archlinux package. To do the package I have to
>> compile and install on a temporary directory using the option DESTDIR of
>> make. Unfortunatelly it does not work. I think the compilation process uses
>> files created during the same compilation so it does not find the needed
>> files and i get errors like this:
>>
>> Compiling gb.settings...
>> /home/christian/t/gambas/src/gambas2-1.9.45/comp/src/gb.settings/Settings.c
>> lass:12: Unknown identifier: Collection Installing gb.settings...
>> Compiling gb.info...
>> /home/christian/t/gambas/src/gambas2-1.9.45/comp/src/gb.info/ComponentInfo.
>> class:5: Unknown identifier: String[] Installing gb.info...
>> And so on...
>>

>> I don't know too much about the compilation process so i have been unable
>> to find a solution. Any ideas will be wellcome.
>>

> Do not use DESTDIR. You must use "prefix":
>
> $ make

Does only work you already have gambas installed and won't work at all
for chroot build.
You have in main/share/gb_file_temp.h:

snip

   if (!path)
      path = GAMBAS_LINK_PATH;
  }
  else
  {
                path = GAMBAS_PATH "/gbx" GAMBAS_VERSION_STRING;
  }

snip

GAMBAS_LINK_PATH is defined in main/share/gb_component.h as :

#define GAMBAS_LINK_PATH  "/usr/bin/gbx" GAMBAS_VERSION_STRING

and GAMBAS_PATH is defined by -DGAMBAS_PATH= which point to $(bindir) so
both are set to $(bindir) for an /usr install.
Without to have gambas2 installed ( means in a chroot I have add gamabas
as makedepend for gambas which is a bit crazy )
I need such a ' make
bindir=/point_to_my_install_patch_from_chroot/usr/bin' to get it
compiled. I've send you a email about this issue some time ago
but never got any answer and I really forgot about :)
> $ make install prefix=/where/you/install/gambas
>
> Regards,

Gabriel